Estimated Shipping Fees - calculating...
Martin HD-28E Retro Acoustic-Electric Guitar with Hardcase
Short of breaking into the Martin Museum, the HD-28E Retro is the closest any of us will probably ever get to handling a "golden-era" Martin instrument. The original HD-28 dreadnought (like the D-28) established the very tone of the acoustic guitar in modern American music, and there's nothing like the sound of a classic Martin to prove it. That's why Chris Martin got together with Larry Fishman to capture a complete series of spectral models from the very original guitars on display at the Martin Museum. At the same time, the HD-28E Retro comes fitted with an entirely modern Martin neck carve. The result is a classic-looking and vintage-sounding HD-28 that plays like a dream.
- The perfect way to get your hands on the look and sound of a golden-age Martin acoustic guitar
- An immaculate Martin HD-28 model dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar built to resemble the pristine vintage guitars on display at the Martin museum
- The combination of select Sitka spruce and Indian rosewood provide you with the sweet, bold, and balanced sound iconic to the dreadnought acoustic guitar
- Adorned with stunning herringbone inlays
- Modified Low Oval profile with Performing Artist taper is easily one of the most comfortable necks Martin has ever produced
- Custom Fishman Aura VT Enhance electronics provide warm and natural live tone
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Body Style:No Cutaway
- Color:Aged Natural
- Finish:Polished Gloss (top, back, and sides), Satin (neck)
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Scalloped, forward shifted, Solid Sitka Spruce
- Binding:Grained Ivoroid
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Nickel Open-Geared with Butterbean knobs
- Bridge Material:Solid Black Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/16" Radius Compensated Bone
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:Fishman Aura VT Enhance
- Strings:Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge
- Body Length:20"
- Body Width:15.62"
- Body Depth:4.87"
- Overall Length:40.5"