Estimated Shipping Fees - calculating...
Martin J-40 Acoustic Guitar with Hardcase
Jumbo guitars are a rare thing for Martin, but for anyone who's played one, they're one of the most remarkable instruments out there. Updated in 2018, this J-40 features the tight-wasted body that many guitarists here at Music Bliss find exceptionally comfortable, while the classic combination of solid rosewood topped with Sitka spruce delivers satisfying tonal balance and harmonic detail that we tend to think of when we imagine how an acoustic guitar should sound. Combined with an oversized body, the J-40 offers absolutely room-filling projection that translates extraordinarily from the stage to the studio. Top that off with refined aesthetics, and you have the guitar of a lifetime.
- Big acoustic sound from Martin's unique jumbo-sized body
- Solid Sitka spruce top with forward-shifted, scalloped X-bracing offers amazing projection and great note definition
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides for a well-balanced tonal range with deep lows, detailed highs, and clear mids
- Highly playable modified low oval neck profile with high performance taper makes fretting chords and playing solo runs extremely comfortable
- Style 45 abalone and multi-stripe appointments make this one outstandingly beautiful instrument
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:J-40 Jumbo
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce with Aging Toner
- Back & Sides Wood:East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding:Antique White
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony, bound
- Fingerboard Inlay:Abalone Reduced Hexagon
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Gold Open Gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium