Estimated Shipping Fees - calculating...
Taylor 514ce - Mahogany Back and Sides with V-class Bracing and Hardcase (514-ce / 514 ce)
What's the best tonewood for fingerstyle guitarists? Thanks to cedar's quick response and midrange overtones, Music Bliss regularly recommends cedar-topped acoustics for fingerstylists and other players with a light touch. As a back and side tonewood, mahogany generally serves up a focused sound with a full midrange. The Taylor 514ce combines a Western red cedar top with mahogany sides and back in a gorgeous guitar that delivers powerful all-around response with blooming sustain. In the 514ce, these desirable sonic attributes are lifted to new heights with Taylor's revolutionary V-class bracing, which boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the instrument by creating a more synergistic response from the soundboard. This fosters a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords to ring out in cohesive splendor. Spec'd out with ES2 electronics and tasteful, understated appointments, the Taylor 514ce is a superb acoustic-electric guitar you'll find hard to put down.
- Western red cedar top, tropical mahogany back and sides
- Bracing: V-class with Relief Rout
- Venetian cutaway
- Faux tortoise binding, rosette, and pickguard
- Tropical mahogany neck with satin finish
- West African ebony fingerboard and binding
- Grained ivoroid century fingerboard inlay
- West African ebony headstock overlay
- Black graphite nut, Micarta saddle
- Scale length: 25.5"
- West African ebony bridge pins
- Taylor nickel tuning machines
- Gloss top, side, and back finish
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Top Wood:Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Body Bracing:V-Class bracing with Relief Rout
- Neck Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Century
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Nickel, 17:1 gear ratio
- Bridge Material:West African Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Graphite nut/Micarta saddle
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length:20"
- Body Width:16"
- Body Depth:4.62"
Dimension Packaging Weight : 20.0 kg