Estimated Shipping Fees - calculating...
YAMAHA XMV4280 4 Channel Power Amplifier (XMV-4280)
A comprehensive line-up to power your sound solution
XMV Series multi-channel power amplifiers combine Class-D efficiency with features designed specifically to benefit commercial installation sound systems. The Series is comprised of 8 different models with varying output power capabilities and flexible in/out connectivity to accommodate a wide range of installation environments.
High impedance and low impedance
Installed sound applications often demand both high and low impedance connectivity in the same venue, requiring separate, dedicated amplifiers or an external transformer. XMV power amplifiers, however, can operate in both high-impedance (70V/100V line) or low-impedance (4 ohms/8 ohms) modes simultaneously, eliminating the need for additional equipment, as well as streamlining the installation process. XMV power amplifiers also enable both 70V and 100V operation for every pair of channels by simply selecting the preferred mode using the dip switches on the rear panel. High impedance operation often requires the use of two combined channels in bridge mode, but with XMV amplifiers, 70V or 100V mode can be assigned to every pair of channels without affecting the number of available output channels.
The details of how many VXS/VXC speakers can be driven from an XMV amplifier channel are shown in FAQ.
New "Double Power Mode"
The newly developed Double Power Mode function effectively doubles the output power of selected channels in order to drive speakers with higher output power. This means that speakers with varying output capacities can be powered simultaneously by the same amplifier, adding flexibility to system design and configuration. *The number of channels that can be used will be reduced to half
Selectable input formats for a wider range of applications
XMV amplifiers come equipped with either the newly developed YDIF digital audio format, or Audinate's digital audio network Dante. YDIF allows easy setup with the use of Ethernet cables while Dante models can be used for larger venues where long distant cabling is required.
A perfect match for the MTX Series
When XMV power amplifiers are used in systems with MTX series processors, settings such as the mute on/off or attenuator changes can be set via computer using the MTX Editor software application. YDIF and Dante ports make system configuration simple and fast with instant connectivity and flexible parameter control.
Best installation amp ever?
XMV amplifiers feature an innovative, new, patent pending circuit that improves the already highly efficient Class D circuit topology, bringing the efficiency level of the amplifier's output stage up to over 90%. This is achieved by automatically switching the circuit to match the corresponding output voltage. In high-impedance connections, both 70V and 100V operation can be achieved since the circuit is already capable of operating in high voltages. However, using the same circuit in lowimpedance operation can mean excessive energy loss, so by automatically switching to a lower voltage drive, efficiency is improved significantly without sacrificing crucial aspects of the amp's performance such as keeping the distortion levels to a minimum.
XMV power amplifiers also feature a new switching power supply equipped with Power Factor Correction, which ensures harmonic control and decreases the amount of current draw dramatically, yet still maintains the same output power. This makes circuit breakers less prone to shutting down, as well as eliminating the need for thicker, heavier cables or a larger, more powerful system.
Protection features for more reliable operation
Automatic protection functions are an essential part of the XMV Series' design, ensuring peak performance and reliable operation in less than ideal situations. Low load impedance, overcurrent, and overheating can all damage vital amplifier components and threaten their ability to function effectively. To combat these hazards, XMV Series power amps feature powerful, intelligent protection functions that can deliver the assurance of long product life and consistent performance.
External control via Ethernet
The XMV Series is equipped with a Network port that allows direct control from controllers such as AMX/Crestron.
- Output Power
- 1kHz, THD+N = 1% (20 ms Burst)
- 4 ohms/8 ohms: 280W x 4 or 4 ohms/8 ohms Double Power Mode: 560W x 2
- High impedance: 100V/70V line: 250W x 4 / 80 ohms
- 1kHz, THD+N = 1% (20 ms Burst)
- Voltage Gain
- RL=8 ohms: 31.7dB
- RL=8 ohms / Double Power Mode: 34.7dB
- 100V/70V: 38.2dB/35.2dB
- Input Sensitivity: RL=8 ohms: +4dBu
- S/N Ratio: A-weighted: ≥ 100dB
- Power Consumption
- 1/8 power (4 ohms pink noise): 250W
- Idle (4 ohms): 37W
- Standby: 18.5W
- THD+N: 1kHz, half power: ≤ 0.2%
- Frequency Response: RL=8 ohms, 100V/70V, Po=1W, 20Hz - 20kHz: 0dB, +/-1.0dB
- Crosstalk: 1kHz, half power, 8 ohms, Att. max, input 150 ohms shunt: ≤ -60dB
- Maximum Input Level: +24dBu
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms (balanced), 10k ohms (unbalanced)
- Analog Input: Euroblock x 2 (6P, balanced)
- Digital Input / Output: RJ45 x 2 (YDIF IN / OUT)
- Speaker Output: Barrier strip x 4 pairs
- Network: RJ45 x 1
- Remote, Fault Output: Euroblock (3P) x 1
- AC IN:AC Inlet x 1
- Protection circuit
- Load Protection: POWER switch on/off: Output mute, DC-fault: Power supply shuts down, Clip limiting
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal: Output mute (heatsink temp ≥90°C) (Restored automatically), Overcurrent: Output mute (Restored automatically), Low load impedance: Output mute (Restored automatically)
- Power Supply Protection: Thermal: Amplifier shuts down automatically (heatsink temp ≥100°C), Integrated power: Gain reduction (Restored automatically)
- Power Requirements: 100V, 120V, 230V-240V; 50Hz/60Hz
- Dimensions: W 480mm (18.9") x H 88mm (3.5") x D 422mm (16.6")
- Weight: 8.1kg (17.9lbs)