Estimated Shipping Fees - calculating...
ART Pro-VLA II 2-channel Leveling Amplifier/Compressor with Optical Compression (ProVLA / Pro VLA)
The ART Pro-VLA II is a tube driven Vactrol-based compressor/leveling amplifier designed for tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound, or broadcast situations. By using an opto-electronic design, (as opposed to a more typical VCA driven level detection circuit) the Pro-VLA II allows more compression to be added to an audio source with a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II an ideal dynamic control device!
- Vactrol Opto-Compression Design (no VCA)
- Mastering-Quality Audio Signal Path with Tube Gain Stage
- Enhanced Link Mode - While in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, - optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio & Output Controls
- LED Backlit VU Input/Output Level Metering
- LED Metering Indicates Both Average Level And Peak Hold
- Accurate Ten Segment LED Gain Reduction Metering
- +4dBu/-10dBV Mode Switch Optimizes Pro-VLA II For Interface With Professional OR Consumer Grade Components
- Active Balanced XLR And 1/4-inch Inputs and Outputs
- Toroidal Transformer Reduces Mechanical and Electrical Hum
- Number of Channels:2
- Controls:Input Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Output
- Threshold:-30 dB to 20 dB
- Ratio:2:1 to 20:1
- Frequency Response:10Hz-100kHz
- Inputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
- Outputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
- Rack Spaces:2U
- Weight:10.5 lbs.